Total Pageviews

Thursday 30 October 2014

Acne Treatments

Despite the fact that there seems to be a plethora of acne products that solely target teenage acne, there are actually quite a number of products that are aimed at adult acne as well. The two that I recommend the most are  Solution 3-Step System in the extra strength formula and  Acne Complex Kit.
This recommendation comes from many years of trying out various products from different brands, ranging from over-the-counter products from drug stores and department stores, and prescription medications. None of them seemed to get me the results I wanted - even after using  for over 4 years. It was not until  came out with their extra strength formula, consisting of 7% benzoyl peroxide as the active ingredient, that I actually saw continuing results of less acne.
Unfortunately though, that was not enough for someone who suffers from oily skin and severe acne. What made the difference was using the  Acne Complex Kit simultaneously.
Haven't you ever heard the saying that your skin/hair/body will get used to the same products and will no longer become effective if you use only one kind for years? Well if you haven't, there you go. It's true. It appeared for a while that my skin became used to  and consequently lost the effect of clearing my acne, since I used it for over 4 years.
My skin seemed to get used to the 2.5% benzoyl peroxide that the normal formula of  contained and my pimples appeared to have gotten immune to that medication. But the extra strength formula that I had started to use about 6 months ago gave my pimples a wake up call and the more potent 7% formula immediately began to clear my skin. And to make sure they do not get use to the extra strength  as they did with the regular  formula, I began using  Acne Complex Kit as well.  Acne Complex Kit contains salicylic acid, glycolic acid, and retinol to effectively treat acne.
Hence the combination of active ingredients found in these two separate product lines allows my skin to get the benefits of the most effective ingredients that treat acne.
It is also reassuring to know that both were created by well-known, experienced dermatologists that have gone on to develop their own line of successful skincare products. Both lines of products have also received great reviews and testimonials, and both are fairly affordable and fairly easily attainable. Solution in the extra strength formula is available through the catalog only (the regular formula and other products are available online and at kiosks in local malls) and Murad Acne Complex Kit and other products are available at most beauty stores and online as well.
My current skin care routine consists of cleansing, toning, and moisturizing with the Acne Complex Kit in the morning and cleansing, toning, and moisturizing with extra strength formula in the evening and as cliche as it sounds, my skin has never looked better.
Sure, I still have pimples and my skin is not flawless, but it is the most smooth it has been since I hit puberty. But it is important to remember that not all skin react the same way to the same products so the effects of the products will vary from one person to another.

No comments:

Post a Comment